In This Episode:
Students with dyslexia can learn other languages and there are some strategies that can help make the process more smooth.
Welcome to Episode 59 of Dyslexia Devoted and today we’re talking about the ways we can bridge the students reading skills between languages.
Show notes: parnelloeducation.com/episode59
This Episode's Topics:
- Why is it important to be fluent in your first language before learning another?
- Connecting the sounds and strategies between languages
- Connecting the roots of meaning between languages
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Dr. Elsa Cardenas Hagan
- Literacy Foundations for English Learners
- My Languages - Learn the sounds of different alphabets, etc.
- Get the Dyslexia Devoted Newsletter
- LeDerick Horne