In This Episode:
Why do Orton-Gillingham based programs all say they use multisensory instruction, and what does that mean? In this episode we give examples of different ways to apply multiple senses to learn abstract concepts and turn the more concrete. We also discuss the way that using multiple senses increases the neuropathways to better retrieve information later when a student needs to apply it.
- What is multisensory instruction?
- How is it used for reading
- Other subjects to implement multisensory instruction
Connect with Lisa Parnello:
- Follow on Instagram @ParnelloEducation
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Understanding Dyslexia and Structured Reading Online Course
- Heart words strategy
- Wilson Gel Boards